From becoming one of HBO’s popular television series in 2019 and wowing the larger audience with its dream-like world, Damon Lindelof’s Watchmen take on White supremacy, as well as on the weariness of Black America, took the world by storm with its first arrival. Thus, it is bold, bristling, yet captivating story arc has now made Watchmen Season 2 very much in demand as everyone once again wants to get a taste of the said dystopian land.
However, the critically acclaimed superhero drama series that deemed it best to carry out their own legacy then to just be an adaptation apparently happens to have an unclear future even after winning countless hearts across the globe.
Though the ardent fans are still insistent and hopeful for another season, the main question that arises here is, can the same be said for the franchise too?
Curious? Well, do not worry! Here is all that you need to know about whether Watchmen Season 2 has been renewed or canceled, what is its potential release date, who is the cast and is there a trailer out or not etc.
Keep on reading the article to find all of that out in no time!
Is Watchmen Season 2 Renewed or Cancelled?
Watchmen Season 2 has neither been renewed nor has it been canceled by the concerned authorities yet.
But as far as we know till now, it seems unlikely that there will be another season. Mainly because HBO has announced that they will only be interested in making another installment if Damon Lindelof (creator/producer) is willing to work on it too, and unfortunately, he has “no interest in a second season” – though he did give HBO greenlit to move forward with the show, if they want, without them.
Deception Season 2 Release Date, Cast And Everything We Know So Far
I Literally Just Told You Season 3 Release Date, Cast and Trailer
When asked about the renewal status of the second season in an interview, Casy Bloys (the showrunner of the famous show) revealed that even after its immense popularity:
“It would be hard to imagine doing it without Damon involved in some way.”
He further highlights that Damon Lindelof plays a pivotal role in the success of the series, and with him out of the picture, the show would not be the same as he brings with him a thunder that no one can replicate:
“Where we left it with Damon as he’s thinking about what he wants to do, and I’m taking his lead on that. If he has an idea that he’s excited about, then I’m excited; if he wants to do something else, then that’s what I want to do.”
Thus, one way or another, if the series is to move further down the lane, the franchise aims to have the original mastermind behind it who is not willing to return at the moment.
But do not let this fact sadden you, folks, as he did share in his social media handle once that season two is a “possibility” at HBO.
So, let’s hope for the best, and let’s see what happens!
What is Watchmen Season 2 Potential Release Date?
As for when Watchmen’s second season will arrive, we do not know yet as we have no specifics on whether its follow-up will even happen or not.
So, we will have to wait till Damon Lindelof decides to rejoin the franchise for its renewal window to be officially opened in order to get its release date. (Fingers crossed!)
Till then, stay tuned, as we will update you once we get further intel from our resources.
The Last Cowboy is Returning to CMT for its Third Season!
Drag Race Italia Season 2 Episode 5 Release Date and Preview
Who are the Cast Members and Characters for the New Season?
The stewards of the franchise have not revealed any casting information regarding the new season since the show is yet to be renewed.
But if a season two of Watchmen ever happens, it is safe to say that the key cast members will probably return to reprise their roles:
- Regina King will come back to portray the lead role of Angela Abar / Sister Night – who is a Tulsa Police detective and also wears a nun’s habit and a balaclava.
- Don Johnson will play Judd Crawford – who is the chief of the Tulsa Police and is also a member of the Seventh Kavalry.
- Tim Blake Nelson will return as Wade Tillman / Looking Glass – who is a Tulsa Police detective and happens to wear a reflective mask.
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Cal Abar – Angela’s husband who is also a form of Jonathan Osterman / Doctor Manhattan.
- Andrew Howard as Red Scare – a Tulsa Police detective who predominantly wears a red outfit and also has a noticeable Russian accent.
- Jacob Ming-Trent as Panda – a Tulsa Police detective wearing a full giant panda mask.
- Tom Mison will be portraying Mr. Phillips and the series of male clones of the original Mr. Phillips, who were all created by Doctor Manhattan to serve as Veidt’s servants. (He also plays the Game Warden, who is not only uncanny yet a powerful clone of the original Mr. Phillips that keeps Veidt in line, but he also serves as his archenemy too.)
- Sara Vickers will be portraying Ms. Crookshank and the series of female clones of the original Mrs. Crookshanks that were initially created by Doctor Manhattan to serve as Veidt’s servants.
- Dylan Schombing as Topher Abar – Angela’s and Cal’s adopted son.
- Adelynn Spoon as Emma Abar, Angela and Cal’s younger adopted daughter.
- Lily Rose Smith as Rosie Abar, Angela and Cal’s older adopted daughter.
- Louis Gossett Jr. as Will Reeves – Angela’s grandfather AKA Hooded Justice (the first masked hero who inspired the Minutemen.)
- Jeremy Irons as Adrian Veidt, a former businessman AKA Ozymandias (the “smartest man in the world”)
- Jean Smart as Laurie Blake AKA Second Silk Spectre
- Hong Chau as Lady Trieu – the owner of Trieu Industries.
Other than that, we will have to wait for the official notice from the franchise to see who will be bidding their roles goodbye or who else will be joining in if another season happens to take place.
The Ultimatum Season 2 Release Date, Cast, Plot and Trailer
What Could be the Plot of Watchmen Season 2?
Created by Damon Lindelof for HBO, Watchmen (2019) is based on the 1986 DC Comics of the same name that impressively builds its own identity by adding new complex characters and expanding its cultural context but still has the capacity to stay true to the spirit of its original.
With the mastermind behind the new adaptation leaving the franchise, season two does seem like a far-fetched idea for now.
But since he has given his “blessing” to HBO to continue onwards, they might tap into whether or not Angela Abar got all the powers of Dr. Manhattan and what will be her overall impact in the upcoming season.
How many Episodes are there Going to be?
Since the first season had a total of nine episodes, each having a run time of fifty-two to sixty-seven minutes, the next season will most probably follow the same pattern.
Seeing that it took, as per Damon Lindelof, “two years to make [those] nine episodes of Watchmen” to present the audience with the best end product, the exact number of episodes will be engendered if they put in the same effort in Watchmen Season 2.
Is there an Official Trailer to Watch?
As of now, we do not have the trailer for season two, but the trailer for season one is available.