Hold on your breaths, folks! As I have some great news for all the Young Sheldon Season 6 lovers out there. The most anticipated sit-com is back to bring more laughs to the table, seeing that “Young Sheldon Season 6” is about to grace your screens shortly to take you to the protagonist’s nerdy world.
Have you often wondered that the things that are done and said to make an audience laugh could more or less have great depth to it? Sure, comedy does make us laugh and find little things amusing at times but they also highlight different aspects of human nature as well. Seeing that it would not be wrong to say that we did get to see the characters’ little tragedies behind the different funny situations they are usually in. Like it or not, this is the unique magic of the sit-coms and that is why people happen to actually watch it. As these television shows have the potential to showcase the best of both worlds to their loyal viewers.
Considering the fact that whether it was the adult brainiac “Sheldon” from “The Big Bang Theory” that struggles to cope with his past and finds routine aspects of social situation difficult to grasp or the “Young Sheldon” who struggles to fit in the world in which he is far ahead than others – inevitably, the amazing story-arc of the said outcast has more or less pulled us towards our screens to know more about him.
Thus, imagine the great joy that fans must have felt when they heard that Young Sheldon is returning with Season 6.
Here are all the details that you need to know about the upcoming season six!
What We Know So Far About Season 6 of Young Sheldon!
Before we delve into the newfound information regarding the new season, here is a brief overview of the sit-com:
- Young Sheldon is an American coming-of-age sitcom television series for CBS streaming platform.
- It is the result of the creative abilities of Chuck Lorre and Steven Molaro.
- The series is actually a spin-off prequel to The Big Bang Theory and takes place in the time period of late 1980s and early 1990s.
- The show features the story of the protagonist Sheldon Cooper (a child prodigy) when he was just at the age of nine.
- Living with his family in East Texas and attending a high school in the fictional town of Medford, Texas as a mere kid – we get to see the events that take place in Sheldon’s life as he tries to adjust in this world.
- Up till now, we have seen our main lead graduating from highschool (at age eleven) and now moving on to attend the fictional university “East Texas Tech” for full time.
- Thus, we will get to see more of the teenage Sheldon in the forthcoming season.
- Besides that, Jim Parsons (who happens to play the adult Sheldon in The Big Bang Theory) narrates the prequel series.
While the sixth season is going to arrive anytime soon, the stewards of the franchise have also renewed it for the seventh season as well.
Young Sheldon Season 6 – Release Date Announced?
It is official my fellow folks! The concerned authorities happen to confirm that the series that records the journey of a precocious child genius is back with its sixth season.
As per the official announcement,
- Season 6 will make its debut on Thursday, September 29, 2022, at 8/7c.
- It will also be serving as a primetime lead off for shows like for Ghosts, So Help Me Todd and CSI: Vegas.
However, the premiere date for the said season is not yet available for the UK.
Young Sheldon Season 6 – What Could be the Plot?
Considering the integral factor, the fifth season for the said series happens to conclude when our protagonist was 12 years old, taking his second semester in college. Thus,
- It is most likely that the series will continue on with a thirteen years old Sheldon in his second year of college.
Moreover, the show is also reaching an important point in the protagonist’s life. Seeing that:
- We already know from “The Big Bang Theory” show that Sheldon’s father (George Cooper) is going to pass away when he will be fourteen years old.
- Which, more or less, means that very only one years away from that tragedy.
- Not only that, the great effect that his father’s impending death will affect his twin sister (Missy) throughout her life – who was very close to him.
- Moreover, we also know from its parent series that he also caught his father cheating on his mother before his death.
Overall, Young Sheldon Season 6 is up for a rollercoaster ride as it is going to cover a lot of sad and depressing stuff.
Who will be Returning as Cast for the New Season?
Even though there has been no official announcement about the returning cast for season six, it is safe to assume that the original cast will be returning for the new season as well.
Here are the names of the ensemble cast:
- Iain Armitage will be reprising his role as Sheldon Cooper.
- Lance Barber as George Cooper Senior (his father).
- Zoe Perry as Mary Tucker Cooper (his mother).
- Montana Jordan as George “Georgie” Cooper Jr. (Sheldon and Missy’s older brother).
- Raegan Revord as Melissa “Missy” Cooper (Georgie’s younger sister and Sheldon’s fraternal younger twin sister).
- Annie Potts will be returning as Connie “Meemaw” Tucker.
While, on the other hand,
- Wyatt McClure will be appearing as Billy Sparks after becoming a regular in Season 5
- Emily Osment will come back to play Georgie’s girlfriend Mandy McAllister — to regular status (seeing that their story is probably going to continue in season 6).
Which, more or less, means that:
- Melissa Peterman will have to return as Brenda Sparks (whose character is pivotal for the continuation of George and Brenda’s storyline).
Besides that, there may be a great chance that we will be having new characters in the upcoming season.
Trailer and Episodes?
Once again, we do not have any official news from the concerned authorities but we can speculate that:
- Although the official trailer has not been released, it is going to premiere sooner or later – as the new season is making its debut in September (which is not far from now).
- As far as the episodes are concerned, it is likely that Season 6 will have approximately 22 episodes.
- Considering the fact that Season 1, 2 and 5 all had the same number of episodes – while the third season had a total of 21 episodes and the fourth had 18 episodes.
Young Sheldon Season 6 – Where Can We Watch The Show?
Young Sheldon Season 6 will typically air on its original streaming platform, CBS. However, it will also be available to watch by means of your cable subscription as well as Paramount Plus.
But if you do not have a cable connection then you can also watch the series on numerous streaming platforms. For instance,
- Hulu with Live TV
- YouTube TV
- DirecTV Stream.
So, what are you waiting for? Do not forget to watch the show when it premieres on all streaming platforms. Till then, recap on previous seasons to have an idea about the new season.