It is speculated that Double Dragon Gaiden Rise of the Dragons will launch this summer. Modus Games, the publisher and Secret Base, the developer, have confirmed the same.
Double Dragon Gaiden Rise of the Dragons is an upcoming title of the Double Dragon Franchise, originating in 1987. Since then, it has released numerous sequels, the last being Double Dragon IV, released in 2017. Arc System Works developed the previous game, and for this new title, it has licensed the intellectual property to Modus Games.
Double Dragon Gaiden Rise of the Dragons: Release Date
The release date of Double Dragon Gaiden Rise of the Dragons is not confirmed at the time of writing. We will update this section with the official release date when available.
Moreover, even though we do not know the game’s release date yet, we do know on which platforms the gamers can play it. It is officially confirmed that Double Dragon Gaiden Rise of the Dragons will be available on the following platforms:
- PlayStation 5
- Xbox Series
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
- PC via Steam
According to sources, the game will be out this summer. However, a specific release date for the same is missing.
About the Game
Double Dragon Gaiden Rise of the Dragons is set in 199X when the nuclear war destroyed New York City. Subsequently, the citizens of the city now have to fight for survival. The result? Utter chaos in the form of crime and riots in the street. Furthermore, criminal gangs have overtaken the city and are fighting for dominance.
Young Billy and Jimmy Lee are fed up with this situation. Consequently, they decide to drive the gangs out of New York City. Thus, while playing the game, the players will explore the early beginning of the infamous Double Dragon brothers. Also, they will encounter both familiar and new enemies while playing the game.
What’s New In Double Dragon Gaiden Rise of the Dragons?
First and foremost, the dynamic level structure of the game is new. Furthermore, the mission’s difficulty will be based on the players’ orders. One can play the game as the classic duo brothers or as Marian and Uncle Matin. The game features additional nine unlockable characters, and each of these characters comes with its own playstyle and unique special moves. In total, the game houses 13 unique playable characters. It is a two-player local co-op game.
Key Features Of The Game
The key features of Double Dragon Gaiden Rise of the Dragons include the following:
- Tag Team Action: The player has to choose two fighters and switch between them while developing strategies to fight offensive and defensive moves.
- Roguelite Elements: The game features a dynamic mission select function. In other words, the order in which the players choose the mission will impact the overall difficulty of the game, the number of enemies and the length of the mission.
- 13 Playable Characters: It features 13 playable characters, including Jimmy, Billy, Marian and Uncle Martin. Each of these characters has unique strengths and playstyle. Therefore, the player will have to consider the strength and weaknesses of the characters for strategic gameplay.
- Shape Your Experience and Rewards: While playing Double Dragon Gaiden Rise of the Dragons, the players will have the freedom to adjust the game’s difficulty level. The adjustments will then decide the number of tokens they will earn in a session. In addition, the players can use the earned token to unlock a new continent from the Token Shop that features tips, characters and more.
- Local Co-Op: Using this mode, the players can team up with a friend to play the game.
Is There A Trailer For The Game?
Yes, a trailer for the game is out. You can watch the trailer to look at the graphics and the different combat styles the game supports.