We have great news for the eagle-eyed viewers of the hit NETFLIX series, ‘The Crown’ that filming of season five is all set to start in July 2021. Authorities said they hope the U.K. is recovering from the pandemic’s devastating impact and can start production under strict COVID-19 protocols. So the fans can hope for ‘The Crown Season 5’ streaming from 2022.
How many seasons of The Crown will further there be?
Peter Morgan created this historical drama television series to plan with a total count of six series. After announcing season five, it was officially released that there will be the sixth season also.
The big suspense… Who will play the role of Queen in The Crown season 5?
Imelda Staunton would replace Olivia Colman for The Crown Season 5 as well as Season 6. As fans already know, Claire Foy played the young Queen role in seasons 1 and 2, Olivia Colman, for the next series. Therefore, Imelda Staunton would be the third actress who will wear the Crown in the series.
A statement was made by Staunton and said that she was “honored” to be joining the show. She confessed: “I have loved watching The Crown from the very start.
Rest of Cast for Season 5
- Matt Smith (Season 1–2) and Tobias Menzies (3–4) as Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- Vanessa Kirby (1–2) and Helena Bonham Carter (3–4) as Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon
- Eileen Atkins as Queen Mary (1)
- Jeremy Northam as Anthony Eden (1–2)
- Victoria Hamilton (1–2) and Marion Bailey (3–4) as Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother
- Ben Miles as Group Captain Peter Townsend (1, featured season 2)
- Greg Wise (seasons 1–2) and Charles Dance (season 3, featured season 4) as Louis, Earl Mountbatten of Burma
- Jared Harris as King George VI (1, 2)
- John Lithgow as Winston Churchill (1, 2–3)
- Alex Jennings (1–2) and Derek Jacobi (3) as Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor
- Lia Williams (1–2) and Geraldine Chaplin (season 3) as Wallis, Duchess of Windsor
- Anton Lesser as Harold Macmillan (2)
- Matthew Goode (season 2) and Ben Daniels (3) as Antony Armstrong-Jones, Earl of Snowdon
- Jason Watkins as Harold Wilson (3)
- Erin Doherty as Princess Anne (3–4)
- Jane Lapotaire as Princess Alice of Battenberg (3)
- Josh O’Connor as Charles, Prince of Wales (3–4)
- Michael Maloney as Edward Heath (3)
- Emerald Fennell as Camilla Parker Bowles (3–4)
- Andrew Buchan as Andrew Parker Bowles (3, 4)
- Gillian Anderson as Margaret Thatcher (4)
- Emma Corrin as Diana, Princess of Wales (4)
- Stephen Boxer as Denis Thatcher (4)
How many episodes will be there in The Crown Season 5?
After considering the official statement, we can say that Season 5 will come up in a bundle of 10 episodes. Next season will make its fans surprised with Queen’s New Face. In Season 5 story will be going through her further life experiences. Until then, fans should enjoy its season 4, which is ongoing on Netflix and other channels. We guys are strict updates to update our visitors, so stay connected with us.