The only star player whose name is loved by everyone in the country has a Birthday today. He is Major Dhyan Chand Singh, the wizard of Field Hockey. His Birth Anniversary is celebrated as National Sports Day in India on August 29. He is the first sportsperson to be proud by many Indians.
Major Chand is a legend in Hockey just like Bradman in the Cricket. He greatly contributes to the Indian Hockey Team winning three Gold in Olympics during 1928, 1934, and 1936. Indian hockey players pay tribute to the legend in Dhyan Chand National Stadium, New Delhi.
As the Asian Games 2018 is on the go, National Sports Day has made the celebrations more beautiful and splendid. Winning the medals in current Asian Games our athletes have shown their exemplary participation. We congratulate the medal winners and impart best wishes to the other competing athletes.
List of Indian medal winners: National Sports Day
- Bajrang Punia, first Indian to win Gold in these Asian Games while competing in 65kg Men’s freestyle wrestling.
- Vinesh Phogat becomes first Indian woman to win Gold in Women’s 50kg freestyle wrestling.
- First Bronze medal in the beloved game shooting was granted to Ravi Kumar and Apurvi Chandela in 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team.
- The first Silver for India was taken by Deepak Kumar in Men’s 10m Air Rifle.
- Also the first medal in Sepak takraw which is Bronze conquer by Men’s Regu Team.
- Till now, India received 9 Gold, 19 Silver while 22 Bronze medals counting it to a total of 50. We made a half-century.
- The two teenage shooting stars Saurabh and Vihan secure the Gold and Silver respectively.
- Moreover, the Indian flag bearer in the Asian Games 2018, Neeraj Chopra clinched Gold in Men’s Javelin Throw. He is 20 years old and mounts an 88.06m of new national record.
As 29 August marks the birth of Dhyan Chand Singh so we all should introduce any sports as part of our lifestyle. Also, it is the best way to commemorate the Major. The Padma Shree Awardee and International Sand artist Sudarshan Pattnaik also gave tribute to Major Dhyan Chand in his own way.